Friday 16 September 2016

Watching the football coaches on FNF

I have been on an FA coaching course recently and it was a really good way to get into the coaching of my kids football team. The course was very comprehensive and will help me no end on my coaching journey. But what it wasn't was a complete journey. It is meant to set me off to go and learn about what we are doing as coaches and learn and adapt.



One of the tips at the end of the course was to go out and watch other coaches. I have watched some local games to see what other amateur coaches are doing and it all fits quite nicely with the way I want my players to play the game. And this is also the way that the FA want the game to be played in this country.

And I try to watch what the coaches are up to when I watch the big BPL matches like Chelsea v Liverpool tonight. Antonio Conte and Jurgen Klopp are coaches with impressive records behind them and will both be looking for a Champions League place this season.



Obviously you don't get to see as much as you would like of the coaches from a television screen but the glimpses that are shown are fascinating. Players don't hear the vast majority of what a coach says in the heat of the match against the noise from the crowd. But some coaches scream and shout as though their lives depended on it. Meaningful input to players close by would be more effective.

I hope to bring a style of play to my team. We will pass the ball around and stay true to this all the time. Let's hope that the way Chelsea and Liverpool play tonight shows the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment