Friday 11 September 2015

What's the best food to go with football?

When you sit down to watch the big match, whether with friends or family, one question always comes up – what’s the best food to eat with football? Lager has long established itself as the drink to go with football - no matter how much Coca-Cola spend on trying to change that image! The debate on the perfect food to accompany the football has been more varied and has seen pretenders such as pizza and the burger chain that won’t be named trying to gain top spot. But there is a new contender who mixes heat with flavour to make the ideal football food for any football fan.

Mannys Sauces come in a great range of flavours from the genuine, original and unique Piri-Piri to the Chicken Marinade – available as Hot Chicken Marinade as well. In fact, the Piri Piri and the marinades are considered to be within the best sauces on the planet. The excitement of a football match needs food that excites the tastebuds and that’s where Manny’s Sauces comes in. There are 9 different sauces to choose from and each is packed with flavour, free from the top 14 allergens and suitable for vegetarians and vegans - ‘THE SAUCIEST ROAD TO DIVINE GOODNESS’ as Manny would say!





The variety of sauces and the recipe ideas contained on the leaflet and the website mean that you can have a different meal for every match of the season from the delicious Mannys Sauces range. Think about matching the spice of the Manchester derby with spice of the Hot Chicken Marinade, the refinement of the rich London clubs Chelsea and Arsenal and matching them with the Tomato Fusion or consider the classic Piri-Piri sauce with the classic Premier League encounter of Aston Villa v West Brom – both founder members of the Football League in 1888.




I’ve looked before in my blog about the balance between the traditional side of the game and how the new game fits in with those traditions. Going back to the games of my youth, I’d go to the match and have a pie and Bovril at half-time. The game has moved on beyond the point where Roy Keane complained about prawn sandwiches. Savvy football consumers are also savvy food consumers and they want something that is tasty, made with authentic ingredients and often with a bit of a kick. Mannys Sauces do all of these things and more. They have been making the best sauces since 1985, and that’s even longer than Arsene Wenger has been in charge of Arsenal!

Don’t have time to cook? Well, why not try Mannys Sauces range of continental meat lines that would go perfectly with the football as these are great for snacks, tapas and sandwiches etc. These are more great products and you can currently choose from Portuguese-Style Chorizo, Chicken Chorizo, Paio, Presunto or Pork Belly. These make a perfect plate if you don’t have as much time, or if you want something lighter.

The football betting industry has taken off in recent years, thanks to developments such as in-play betting and the use of mobile devices. I can see football food taking off in a similar way with Mannys Sauces at the top of the league! This journey to the top will be driven by Manny’s passion. Let’s take a look at his story – as told by Manny himself-

“As any other person in the world, I had a huge dream - to open the first Piri-Piri Chicken Restaurant in the world, and then spread this dream to every corner of the planet. It wouldn’t be easy to achieve, but neither was it impossible. I had the will, the courage, the faith and family support to make it come true. Early in 1985, I sold my home to open the first piri-piri chicken restaurant outside of Mozambique. CHICKENLAND was the chosen name and Johannesburg, South Africa was the birth place of my dream! After a short while, I was making, bottling and selling a range of 5 different Piri-Piri Sauces and Marinades. After a slow start, the business was a stunning success! The name quickly spread across the city and everyone was talking about this new food place that was taking the food industry by storm.

The business success was proven! The next step was expansion to other parts of the city, country and abroad, and many people tried to get financially involved. Expansion included a need for capital and people, and so in 1987, I sold some of my business shares to two young men: one of Portuguese origin and the other, a South African of Jewish origin. Shortly after they joined, the business name was changed to NANDOS. Chickenland was a nice name, but according to marketing experts at the time, it was felt that the business should be backed by a personal name before the expansion took place. BetweenMANNYS and NANDOS, I was out-voted two to one, and the latter name was chosen. Despite a few initial problems, the expansion started taking off and now more than ever, the success was tremendous!

A few years later, the rug was pulled out from under my feet and I was forced to leave my business. I lost my dream; one of the best things in my life after my family. After this happened, I opened a few other restaurants including Chickenland in Portugal, but these weren’t my dream. It was a way to make a living, but it wasn’t my passion. It took me a long time to recover from what happened, but I was determined and pushed through until another dream emerged; to make the best sauces and speciality food products in the world! MANNYS SAUCES is now my new dream! Once again I can see this new dream taking shape and growing strong all the way to the TOP! The passion is back and I again have the will, the faith, the support of my family, and the support of so many loyal customers that know and appreciate the high quality products that we make. I am forever grateful to my family and my customers for their support and the divine forces for showing me the way.

Manny x”


I don’t think that there is anyone out there that isn’t inspired by Manny’s story and now desperate to try one (or all) of these amazing sauces. So, I hear you ask, how can I get my hands on Mannys Sauces? Well, there are a few ways of going about this. It’s available directly from Mannys Sauces at http://mannyssauces.com 

Or from Amazon -



Follow Mannys Sauces -

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Mannyssauces
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MannysSauces
You Tube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSO1jGftyM&feature=youtu.be

No comments:

Post a Comment